Monday, January 28, 2013

Introduction

I have always been the "skinny girl." Now before you make an exasperated sigh, I had it rough in school. I used to get off the bus, run to my room and cry for hours! I was called anything you think of when you see an 80lb teenager. I tried everything!!! This was in the mid 90s and 00 was not an option for a teen on a military base in Japan. I ended up shopping in the boys department to cover my knobby knees, flat chest, and gangly arms. That only made things worse for me. I tried changing my diet...not a pound! Instead of being able to embrace my body and be proud, I hid it. No matter what body issues you have, you go through similar patterns. It was not until I started sports in high school that I managed to put on a little muscle and a TOOSH! 

Years went on and my twenties made it easy to eat right and maintain my body, then along came husband and baby. I spent a lot of time during pregnancy on bed-rest and postpartum after my daughter Fallon was born. On top of it all the Air Force was moving us to Hawaii 4 short months after our daughter was born. I had a really hard time motivating myself to do anything. I became a "SOFA MOM" living on Dr. Pepper and military fast food (BK and Taco Bell). I have no idea who this crazy woman was possessing my body!! This is not the active person I was used to seeing. She would rather snuggle up with a blanket and nap on the couch than play games with her daughter! 

4 weeks ago a good friend of mine told me about a Beachbody fitness challenge group that was starting up the next week she was joining. I was hesitant at first because I had a lot going on with school, marriage problems, and my daughter. Finally I decided my life will only change if I make it! So I signed up for the challenge. THAT DAY MY LIFE CHANGED! I learned before the challenge started about eating clean, Shakeology, and I set my mind on Insanity. If I was jumping in, I was going all out! 

Here I am starting my 4th week of the challenge and I have so much energy! Once I fully understood eating clean and the importance of Shakeology to my eating right I felt like a new person! I have more energy, playing with my daughter is suddenly fun again (we now have a nightly dance party), I am feeling more confident about my body which has been amazing for my marriage, and I swear I am wearing my confidence like a new red dress that I just pulled the tags off of. My journey is not over yet, not even a third of the way done. I am just getting started!

I believe in the Beachbody program so much I decided to become a coach! I want other women to feel as great as I do. I am not going back to being that Sofa Mom and I plan on getting other Sofa Moms out of their pajamas, off the couch and playing with their kiddos. 


I had to add the picture of my "guns." Yes I have guns!!! What a huge accomplishment!!



Check out -
http://myshakeology.com/SarahBrand01

No comments:

Post a Comment